Welcome to the RPG Crisis Community Forums

Hello there traveler!

They call me Norman the Expressionless and I was instructed to seek you out, the wanderer. You must be something special for them to hire me and come find out. I wonder what makes you so special; perhaps you have some super power and are destined to save the universe! Just kidding, they told me to find you because you have nice hair and they want to harvest it to create the perfect hair.

So yeah, you should totally join this fine community they’ve established here. Heck, if you need even more reasons I suppose I can list off a few of the perks.
  • Gain complete access to our Download, Tutorial/Script and Resource Databases.
  • Be a part of an ever expanding community and create your own legacy!
  • Get support for a wide range of maker programs, were experts on them all.
  • Discover your true purpose in life, maybe even become one with the force.
  • Make new friends, allies and enemies.
  • Participate in thoughtful, intelligent conversations aimed at expanding your mind.
  • Request translations for foreign maker related sites, games, scripts and tutorials.
I could keep listing all the awesome benefits and perks but why not discover them for yourself?
Guest Message by DevFuse

"); //]]>
");

[RPG Maker VX Ace] Dark Chaos

18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Newbie +1

• Members
  • 37 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 9h 39m 28s
Neutral
    Contributor

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:47 AM

Posted Image

Story

1000 years ago a world war known as The Great War took place. The world was once a peaceful place. People lived together in peace. They worked with one another for the better of the world. However over time people began to change. People started to have different views of the world. People did not accept the differences of other people. This led to the Great War. Many lives were lost in battle. A great power was created by the Dragon Wizards. The original purpose of this great power was made to restore the nature that was destroyed during The Great War. The power is strong enough to destroy the galaxy. No man has ever wielded such power. Since that time peace has been achieved. After the war, people who shared common interest formed nations. Many nations work side by side continue the peace on Earth.

Neon was once a peaceful nation; it is the largest nation on Earth. 100 years ago a man known as Gauchet would rebel against his own nation, Neon. A nation that he once defended as a high classed knight became his foe. Gauchet attempted to overthrow the king as he believed he should be worshiped and treated as a God for his great deeds as a soldier. His attempt failed and he was banished from the nation. Many people did not understand why Gauchet changed into a power hungry man. Three years later Gauchet made his return. He led an evil army to rule the land.  

In the present time Gauchet has prepared his forces to rule over Earth. Gauchet’s four generals have gathered the resources to start a new Great War. Some nations have fallen to Gauchet’s might while others are barely holding a fight. Now the Dark Army has it sights on Romanica.

Characters

The Allies

Spoiler

Supporting Cast

Spoiler

The Dark Army

Warning: A character's description maybe uncomfortable.

Spoiler

Screen Shots

Spoiler

Demos

Spoiler

Video Previews

Spoiler

Edited by RATED-RKOFRANKLIN, 02 August 2012 - 12:48 AM.

Posted Image

Click here to check out awesome RPG Maker Videos!

Click here to read my RPG Maker and Yugioh! Blog! Come see resources and games!

#2 OFFLINE   Elemental Crisis

Elemental Crisis

Administrator

• Administrators
    • 260 posts
      • Time Online: 4d 1h 9m 20s
    Good
    • LocationCalifornia
    Contributor

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:24 AM

I see you've moved your game over to RPG Maker VX Ace.

I also noticed you have a demo, seeing how your project is in more of a completed stage then this section is intended for. You could always upload your project and copy/paste the info in your post.

Here's the link if you'd like to do it.
    https://rpgcrisis.net...g-maker-vx-ace/

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Mako

Mako

Newbie +1

• Members
    • 58 posts
      • Time Online: 9h 17m 14s
    Neutral
    • LocationSouth Carolina
    Contributor

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

I'm assuming you have more background for The Great War, correct? The first paragraph is pretty bland.
    Sure people disagree with others over time... But why. What was the actual reason for this war that was so great?
    Furthermore, what does that actually have to do with the current rebellion? If nothing, then I would suggest leaving The Great War out of it, especially if its backstory has no relevance to what is going on now.

Also. Less RTP would be very beneficial.
    Especially if(as I saw you say in another thread) you plan to make this a commercial release.

Posted Image
    ----------
    I see that the Lord is always with me.
    I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me.
    No wonder my heart is glad, and my tongue shouts His praise!
    My body rests in hope.

Acts 2:25-26

Count your blessings.

#4 OFFLINE   RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Newbie +1

• Members
    • 37 posts
    Neutral
      Contributor

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:44 AM

No offense, I hate it when people question the game's story and background information because that is almost asking for too much information. Please don't ask for any additional story. I'm won't be asking any questions.

The game will be 100% RTP. I do not have the funds to hire spriters. I want to make this game on my own.

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Lethrface

Lethrface

Dances With Unicorns

• Members
      • 54 posts
        • Time Online: 1d 8h 17m 34s
      Neutral
        Contributor

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN, on 15 June 2012 - 05:44 AM, said:

No offense, I hate it when people question the game's story and background information because that is almost asking for too much information. Please don't ask for any additional story. I'm won't be asking any questions.

The game will be 100% RTP. I do not have the funds to hire spriters. I want to make this game on my own.

Slow your role, boy.  I'm just going to be blunt with you so don't take it too personally but think long and hard on this.  Simply put, if you are planning on selling this (as mako previously said) it is your job as the creator to entice us to play this.  As it stands now, the story only seems halfway planned out and sounds rather boring.  Why are we going to war over this and what makes it so much worse than any other war that is fought and why is such a great power being required?  Why should we care to step into the shoes of the protagonist to save the world?

Another issue I have if you are planning on selling this is your mapping needs a lot of work.  they are too large and bland.  If you find yourself running out of ideas for things to put into buildings, make the building smaller.  There is no reason to have to walk 5 tiles from one object to another without at least a change in floor tiles.  Also, try working with what you've got to try to make houses different shapes other than square.  Use more tall grass than you already use with some dirt and other stuff to make it look less boring.

I'll give you an image for an example.
        Posted Image
        See how this room is set up?  It is set up to allow for a symmetrical appearance while still trying to keep from being too boring.  There isn't too much ground to cover if you were to run around each passable tile but at the same time, there isn't too little ground to cover.  I also place more decorations on the wall to allow the walls to look less boring and bare.

Just add more detail all around and make your buildings smaller if you need to.  There isn't really a need to make a large house with only one bedroom if you aren't going to fill it up with stuff to make it look like it is being lived in for more than 2 hours a day.

And my final note is if you aren't going to get people to sprite things for you and you absolutely suck at it, at least use the character generator that comes with ace to make your heroes and some of your enemies.  The program includes this so there is no excuse not to at least make your main character original.

Follow my twitter @lethrface
        Sprite Resources | YouTube | Twitch.TV

DeviantArt | Livestream

Games:

Ender's Amethyst

Scripts:

Lethrface's Splash Screens

Programs:

Quicksprite

#6 OFFLINE   RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Newbie +1

• Members
        • 37 posts
        Neutral
          Contributor

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

The story isn't half planned out. The story is complete. I will not tell the entire story in the introduction.

Most of my buildings are small. The only large building in the demo is Mayor Brown's house. The first large interior is not in the demo.

I am using the character generator. None of the current playable characters were made with it. All of the characters will come from the VX RTP, ACE RTP, DS RTP, and Samurai RTP(I need it for a foreign nation.). The character generator is not a great tool to make enemies. You can't make monster. Most facial expressions are pretty bad for an enemy.

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Lethrface

Lethrface

Dances With Unicorns

• Members
          • 54 posts
          Neutral
            Contributor

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN, on 15 June 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

The story isn't half planned out. The story is complete. I will not tell the entire story in the introduction.

Most of my buildings are small. The only large building in the demo is Mayor Brown's house. The first large interior is not in the demo.

I am using the character generator. None of the current playable characters were made with it. All of the characters will come from the VX RTP, ACE RTP, DS RTP, and Samurai RTP(I need it for a foreign nation.). The character generator is not a great tool to make enemies. You can't make monster. Most facial expressions are pretty bad for an enemy.

Well, then I'll be frank with you.  Don't expect too many to care much about your game if you can't care much to elaborate on a few details to make it interesting.  While reading the description, I was finding myself wandering away from it and finding something else while forcing myself to sit there and read it.  That is not a good sign and I am positive that I am not the only one.

Trust me in this: you need to take the constructive criticism I gave you seriously if you plan to sell this game.

DeviantArt | Livestream

Games:

Ender's Amethyst

Scripts:

Programs:

Quicksprite

#8 OFFLINE   RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Newbie +1

• Members
            • 37 posts
            Neutral
              Contributor

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

Lethrface, on 15 June 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

Well, then I'll be frank with you.  Don't expect too many to care much about your game if you can't care much to elaborate on a few details to make it interesting.  While reading the description, I was finding myself wandering away from it and finding something else while forcing myself to sit there and read it.  That is not a good sign and I am positive that I am not the only one.

Trust me in this: you need to take the constructive criticism I gave you seriously if you plan to sell this game.

I am open to listening to constructive criticism including yours. Some people have already tested the demo and enjoyed it. Don't think everyone is going to share your opinions.

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   Lethrface

Lethrface

Dances With Unicorns

• Members
              • 54 posts
              Neutral
                Contributor

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN, on 15 June 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

I am open to listening to constructive criticism including yours. Some people have already tested the demo and enjoyed it. Don't think everyone is going to share your opinions.

I never said everyone would but I know there are others.  Stop being so argumentative over your game with people, dude.  I think I'm done here.

DeviantArt | Livestream

Games:

Ender's Amethyst

Scripts:

Programs:

Quicksprite

#10 OFFLINE   harbin91

harbin91

• Members
                • 25 posts
                  • Time Online: 8h 45m 39s
                Neutral
                • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

I can't help but look at the picture of Edge and think... hmm, Sephiroth.

Leth, I didn't find any indication as to whether or not he would sell that game, even then alot of people have sold RPGMaker games in the past using RTP tilesets.

#11 OFFLINE   Lethrface

Lethrface

Dances With Unicorns

• Members
                • 54 posts
                Neutral
                  Contributor

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

harbin91, on 15 June 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

Leth, I didn't find any indication as to whether or not he would sell that game, even then alot of people have sold RPGMaker games in the past using RTP tilesets.

Read mako's post, harbin.

Mako, on 14 June 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

Also. Less RTP would be very beneficial.
                  Especially if(as I saw you say in another thread) you plan to make this a commercial release.

And just because others have done it before doesn't mean that it is such a great idea.  Most of the games that are decent and have been put out "commercially" have very little RTP usage.  That isn't my big gripe, though.  There is a character generator for a reason and it is highly advised to make use of it.  My biggest gripe really is that this just does not catch my attention.  The first paragraph can make or break people's interest in a game.  I'm trying to help him make his game more appealing but if he doesn't want to do that, hey, all the power to him.  Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.  At this point, it doesn't even make me want to try the demo.  There is nothing drawing me in.

DeviantArt | Livestream

Games:

Ender's Amethyst

Scripts:

Programs:

Quicksprite

#12 OFFLINE   RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Newbie +1

• Members
                  • 37 posts
                  Neutral
                    Contributor

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

Lethrface, on 15 June 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

I never said everyone would but I know there are others.  Stop being so argumentative over your game with people, dude.  I think I'm done here.

I'm just telling you the facts. The story is complete.

Your criticism is valid. That does not mean I have to take your advice..

harbin91, on 15 June 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

Edge does look like Sephiroth.

Yep this game is completely RTP. The game is driven by its story, not the graphics. The introduction gives important background information. The second and final demo should give players some indication to some of the story's direction.

Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   Rose Guardian

Rose Guardian

• Members
                    • 27 posts
                      • Time Online: 4h 28m 23s
                    Neutral
                    • LocationUSA Michigan

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

I think your game sounds very interesting. I can't really judge your mapping because I am a bad mapper myself. Anyway your maps look better than mine and I like it that you're being original and using the RTP graphics instead of rips.

#14 OFFLINE   RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Newbie +1

• Members
                    • 37 posts
                    Neutral
                      Contributor

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

I added a new battle system made by Fomar0153

The game has a new introduction.
                      https://www.youtube....=2&feature=plcp

Posted Image

#15 OFFLINE   Mako

Mako

Newbie +1

• Members
                      • 58 posts
                        • Time Online: 9h 17m 14s
                      Neutral
                      • LocationSouth Carolina
                      Contributor

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

It looks much like the same battle system except with the heroes added to the side.

Posted Image
                      ----------
                      I see that the Lord is always with me.
                      I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me.
                      No wonder my heart is glad, and my tongue shouts His praise!
                      My body rests in hope.

Acts 2:25-26

Count your blessings.

#16 OFFLINE   Mistereyedee

Mistereyedee

Newbie +1

• Members
                      • 46 posts
                        • Time Online: 16h 56m 22s
                      Neutral
                        Contributor

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:13 AM

I was told that you can't directly transfer a VX project to VXA (unlike the backwards compatibility feature of 2003 which allowed you to do just that with your older 2000 projects). What a crock of dung.

I think you should test your game more often. Because when I tried that recent demo it was riddled with glitches. Most cutscenes allowed me to move around freely, and even exit the map if I wanted to (if I walked right back in, the whole thing would repeat itself).

Also, not to be rude, but why is it that you name your characters after porn/wrestling/football stars? Do you have problems thinking up original names?
                        Posted Image

#17 OFFLINE   Dyhalto

Dyhalto

• Members
                        • 16 posts
                          • Time Online: 2h 39m 19s
                        Neutral

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:28 PM

"If you want to die too then get ready to die"

^If your game becomes popular enough, that will become a meme.

#18 OFFLINE   RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Newbie +1

• Members
                          • 37 posts
                          Neutral
                            Contributor

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

A new demo is up! Please check it out! Please tell me the good things and bad things about the game. Thanks

Mistereyedee, on 29 July 2012 - 04:13 AM, said:

I was told that you can't directly transfer a VX project to VXA (unlike the backwards compatibility feature of 2003 which allowed you to do just that with your older 2000 projects). What a crock of dung.

I think you should test your game more often. Because when I tried that recent demo it was riddled with glitches. Most cutscenes allowed me to move around freely, and even exit the map if I wanted to (if I walked right back in, the whole thing would repeat itself).

Also, not to be rude, but why is it that you name your characters after porn/wrestling/football stars? Do you have problems thinking up original names?

I restarted the project when VXA was released.

You were able to move during cut scenes? That's odd. Many people played the first demo and never encountered this glitch. I test play my game and never encountered this.

The new demo is up. Many errors have been fixed.

Honestly, I do have problems coming up with original names. I do like my characters names.

Mako, on 27 July 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

It looks much like the same battle system except with the heroes added to the side.

It's a simple side view system/

Dyhalto, on 01 August 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

"If you want to die too then get ready to die"

^If your game becomes popular enough, that will become a meme.

lol

Posted Image

#19 OFFLINE   RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Newbie +1

• Members
                            • 37 posts
                            Neutral
                              Contributor

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

It's been a while since the last update. Here is the new introduction for the game

Posted Image

Back to Project Development · Next Unread Topic →

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users