Welcome to the RPG Crisis RPG Maker Community Forums

Hello there traveler!

They call me Norman the Expressionless and I was instructed to seek you out, the wanderer. You must be something special for them to hire me and come find out. I wonder what makes you so special; perhaps you have some super power and are destined to save the universe! Just kidding, they told me to find you because you have nice hair and they want to harvest it to create the perfect hair.

So yeah, you should totally join this fine community they’ve established here. Heck, if you need even more reasons I suppose I can list off a few of the perks.
  • Gain complete access to our Download, Tutorial/Script and Resource Databases.
  • Be a part of an ever expanding community and create your own legacy!
  • Get support for a wide range of maker programs, were experts on them all.
  • Discover your true purpose in life, maybe even become one with the force.
  • Make new friends, allies and enemies.
  • Participate in thoughtful, intelligent conversations aimed at expanding your mind.
  • Request translations for foreign maker related sites, games, scripts and tutorials.
I could keep listing all the awesome benefits and perks but why not discover them for yourself?
Guest Message by DevFuse

"); //]]>
");

Renai Maker 2 Early Translation Build Screenshots

RM2 Translations

16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Elemental Crisis

Elemental Crisis

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 274 posts
    • Time Online: 4d 6h 9m 10s
Excellent
  • LocationCalifornia
Contributor

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

Awhile back I promised I'd upload some screenshots from my Renai Maker 2 translation and seeing how I've recently made some major progress I decided to follow through on my promise. Keep in mind that all of these screenshots are from an early build and will most likely be changed multiple times until they are finalized. So with that said, here's everyone's first look at a somewhat English version of Renai Maker 2.

Sometime soon I'll be looking for people to help me beta test my translation. More information on that at a later date.

The built-in Character Generator
 Character Generator 01.png   100.45K   35 downloads

My genius creation, be jealous.
 Character Generator 02.png   131.26K   39 downloads

Hey look! An event editor structured much like RPG Maker's event editor.
 Event Editor.png   77.63K   34 downloads

Picking A Title Screeen
 Picking Title Screen.png   103.38K   25 downloads

Setting Up Command Input
 Setting Up Command Input.png   647.55K   22 downloads

That's all for now, once I get some more work done I'll post a few more pics.

Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   DisBall

DisBall

• Members
  • 5 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 31m 13s
Neutral

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

Glad to see progress in the project By the way, I have a question regarding the maker. On the maker's homepage, there are three sample games too, and among the screen shots of the first sample game, there is this screen shot that has piqued my interest.
    Posted Image
    I'm curious about whether it's only an other form of moving from one location to an other one, or could it be used as a tactical battle too.

#3 OFFLINE   Elemental Crisis

Elemental Crisis

Administrator

• Administrators
    • 274 posts
    Excellent
    • LocationCalifornia
    Contributor

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

Just took a look at that sample game, it's just an image file.

Though if you want to create a tactics game...
    https://rpgcrisis.net...ame-font-patch/

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   Shanchan

Shanchan

• Members
    • 5 posts
      • Time Online: 1h 4m 31s
    Neutral

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

Yessss I've been excited for your Renai Maker 2 translation =D Can't wait.
      Thank you so much for your hard work.

#5 OFFLINE   DisBall

DisBall

• Members
      • 5 posts
      Neutral

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

Not exactly. I want to make a Visual Novel, but if possible, I want to have the fight scenes in tactical battle format, like in Piece of Wonder and Gadget Trial.

#6 OFFLINE   Shanchan

Shanchan

• Members
        • 5 posts
          • Time Online: 1h 4m 31s
        Neutral

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

I would love to make something like that too. I think you can do it with Ren'py. I've never tried though.

#7 OFFLINE   Elemental Crisis

Elemental Crisis

Administrator

• Administrators
          • 274 posts
          Excellent
          • LocationCalifornia
          Contributor

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

DisBall, on 29 October 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

Not exactly. I want to make a Visual Novel, but if possible, I want to have the fight scenes in tactical battle format, like in Piece of Wonder and Gadget Trial.

Shanchan, on 30 October 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

I would love to make something like that too. I think you can do it with Ren'py. I've never tried though.

You could do it with Ren'py but it would be incredibly difficult. It would be easier to just learn how to program and code the game yourself. From what I know of Ren'py its a text editor, there's no GUI and you pretty much code everything by hand.

Why not just use RMXP, a tactics script and custom code the dating sim part?

Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   DisBall

DisBall

• Members
          • 5 posts
          Neutral

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

Elemental Crisis, on 30 October 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

You could do it with Ren'py but it would be incredibly difficult. It would be easier to just learn how to program and code the game yourself. From what I know of Ren'py its a text editor, there's no GUI and you pretty much code everything by hand.

Why not just use RMXP, a tactics script and custom code the dating sim part?

First of all, Visual Novel and Dating Sims are two different things, secondarily, I already started giving RPG Maker VX Ace a try concerning the tactical battle since there are already one or two tactical battle scripts out there for it..And last but not least, I know the Ren'py engine, since I have already used it for some time now. The GUI part and the like is not a problem, it's just that it's tactical battle part is in a really early stage at the moment.

#9 OFFLINE   Elemental Crisis

Elemental Crisis

Administrator

• Administrators
            • 274 posts
            Excellent
            • LocationCalifornia
            Contributor

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

DisBall, on 31 October 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

First of all, Visual Novel and Dating Sims are two different things, secondarily, I already started giving RPG Maker VX Ace a try concerning the tactical battle since there are already one or two tactical battle scripts out there for it..And last but not least, I know the Ren'py engine, since I have already used it for some time now. The GUI part and the like is not a problem, it's just that it's tactical battle part is in a really early stage at the moment.

My bad, I've only ever seen people make Dating Sims with Ren'py so I kinda forgot it does more than that.

Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   Elemental Crisis

Elemental Crisis

Administrator

• Administrators
            • 274 posts
            Excellent
            • LocationCalifornia
            Contributor

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

Finished all the dialogs, menus and text strings! All that's left now is HEX editing which is, in my opinion the worst part.

Here's some more screens from my most recent build.

Translated Game Settings Page.
             Game Settings.png   66.3K   26 downloads

Character Profile Settings. You have no idea how long it took just to translate the white blocky text.
             Profile Settings.png   55.69K   28 downloads

Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   Rustus

Rustus

Newbie +1

• Members
            • 44 posts
              • Time Online: 1d 17h 35m 43s
            Neutral
            • LocationTeh Nest in Kiddrona League Studios, OH

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

Looks great. And yeah, HEX editing is a pain in the rump. Good luck to you, and hope things go well. Really looking forward to this
            Entranced, we dance the dance
            The stage is set
            The crowd is on its knees.
            -Shadow Gallery, "Hope For Us? (July)"

#12 OFFLINE   RTT

RTT

• Members
            • 4 posts
              • Time Online: 2h 8m 1s
            Neutral

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

Looks really great!

#13 OFFLINE   Elemental Crisis

Elemental Crisis

Administrator

• Administrators
              • 274 posts
              Excellent
              • LocationCalifornia
              Contributor

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

Sorry I haven't posted updates. I went from finals straight into crazy retail holiday working so I haven't had a lot of time to myself. I'm hoping to get some more info posted after Christmas.

Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   RTT

RTT

• Members
              • 4 posts
              Neutral

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

Elemental Crisis, on 24 December 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

Sorry I haven't posted updates. I went from finals straight into crazy retail holiday working so I haven't had a lot of time to myself. I'm hoping to get some more info posted after Christmas.

Sounds like chaos! And there is no worries for lack of updates, school and everything else is more important, I think ^^ Take your time

#15 OFFLINE   Rustus

Rustus

Newbie +1

• Members
                • 44 posts
                  • Time Online: 1d 17h 35m 43s
                Neutral
                • LocationTeh Nest in Kiddrona League Studios, OH

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

hey, much as I am looking forward to it, one does not simply rush perfection. I'll keep waiting and when you get it done i'll be here
                Entranced, we dance the dance
                The stage is set
                The crowd is on its knees.
                -Shadow Gallery, "Hope For Us? (July)"

#16 OFFLINE   Koizumi

Koizumi

• Members
                • 6 posts
                  • Time Online: 3h 38m 40s
                Neutral
                • LocationLondon

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

I also forgot to mention this a very long time ago that with the release of this translation, EC will be including an arranged BGM pack by myself, which contains select Renai Maker 2 songs remastered with lovely not horrible MIDI quality. I thought about doing the entire RTP, but I'm afraid I am only one man with a very busy schedule, so I'll be doing what I can. I'll try and have a preview of some BETTER stuff shortly. (listening back on it, the mastering technique is a bit lackluster, and I've obtained better libraries since then [Dec 2012] and I don't want to show off a bad product.)

[fuck it here's something from december it's not perfect, but hey, it's WIP -- i have better steel guitar and string libraries, so it'll sound even better once I get around to installing that all on my new setup that's arriving in a few weeks]

I hope that this can just contribute towards the release of Renai 2 being a bit more special than any other release by a translation group.

(I SWEAR I'LL STOP BEING INACTIVE AT SOME POINT I CAN'T HELP IT)

Edited by Koizumi, 06 April 2013 - 10:49 AM.

Posted Image
                RPG Crisis resident music production and sound/game design idiot.

#17 OFFLINE   RTT

RTT

• Members
                • 4 posts
                Neutral

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

Koizumi, on 06 April 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

I also forgot to mention this a very long time ago that with the release of this translation, EC will be including an arranged BGM pack by myself, which contains select Renai Maker 2 songs remastered with lovely not horrible MIDI quality. I thought about doing the entire RTP, but I'm afraid I am only one man with a very busy schedule, so I'll be doing what I can. I'll try and have a preview of some BETTER stuff shortly. (listening back on it, the mastering technique is a bit lackluster, and I've obtained better libraries since then [Dec 2012] and I don't want to show off a bad product.)

[fuck it here's something from december it's not perfect, but hey, it's WIP -- i have better steel guitar and string libraries, so it'll sound even better once I get around to installing that all on my new setup that's arriving in a few weeks]

I hope that this can just contribute towards the release of Renai 2 being a bit more special than any other release by a translation group.

(I SWEAR I'LL STOP BEING INACTIVE AT SOME POINT I CAN'T HELP IT)

!! Sounds awesome~ Now I can hardly wait~

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RM2, Translations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users