Welcome to the RPG Crisis RPG Maker Community Forums

Hello there traveler!

They call me Norman the Expressionless and I was instructed to seek you out, the wanderer. You must be something special for them to hire me and come find out. I wonder what makes you so special; perhaps you have some super power and are destined to save the universe! Just kidding, they told me to find you because you have nice hair and they want to harvest it to create the perfect hair.

So yeah, you should totally join this fine community they’ve established here. Heck, if you need even more reasons I suppose I can list off a few of the perks.
  • Gain complete access to our Download, Tutorial/Script and Resource Databases.
  • Be a part of an ever expanding community and create your own legacy!
  • Get support for a wide range of maker programs, were experts on them all.
  • Discover your true purpose in life, maybe even become one with the force.
  • Make new friends, allies and enemies.
  • Participate in thoughtful, intelligent conversations aimed at expanding your mind.
  • Request translations for foreign maker related sites, games, scripts and tutorials.
I could keep listing all the awesome benefits and perks but why not discover them for yourself?
Guest Message by DevFuse

"); //]]>
");

Loves and Hates about the RPG Maker Trilogy?

4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TheRexion

TheRexion

• Members
  • 19 posts
    • Time Online: 5h 26m 42s
Neutral
  • LocationYour Mind
Contributor

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:28 AM

In an effort to start some discussion, I thought this up.

On the topic of the three RPG Makers most used today: VX, XP, and VXAce, what did you love about them?  What did you absolutely hate?  And what do you just not understand why they did this or that?

For me, I hate the fact that they supposedly "Upgrade" their systems, and yet drop certain features that made previous RPG Makers great.  I love the new Notebox feature, that's added so many possibilities to scripting, the uses are innumerable.  And what I'll never understand is why they decided to drop the third, most useful layer in VX, and then kept that drop despite how many people complained about it in VXAce.

What about you guys?  Let's get our discussion on, yo!

Edited by TheRexion, 26 July 2012 - 05:29 AM.

Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Megaman

Megaman

New Kid On The Block

• Administrators
  • 65 posts
    • Time Online: 20h 49m 23s
Neutral
    Contributor

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

I hated the resolution downgrade from rm95 with the release of rm2k, thats one of the main reasons i never used it.

#3 OFFLINE   Mako

Mako

Newbie +1

• Members
    • 58 posts
      • Time Online: 9h 17m 14s
    Neutral
    • LocationSouth Carolina
    Contributor

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

idk. I don't have any real beef with what they decided to put in or take out in any of the Makers.
    I wouldn't call it a Trilogy seeing as how there are more than 3 and a lot of users still mess with SimRM95.
    I think Myself and Megaman are the only NRM2k users left... or at least among the only ones.

I wish they would get rid of the chibi character defaults for one.

I never liked XP too much. The only thing that I liked about it was the use of the animated battlers and the default side-view system.

Using VX Ace, I'm actually pretty happy with where the series is at now.

I just want online play.

Posted Image
    ----------
    I see that the Lord is always with me.
    I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me.
    No wonder my heart is glad, and my tongue shouts His praise!
    My body rests in hope.

Acts 2:25-26

Count your blessings.

#4 OFFLINE   Elemental Crisis

Elemental Crisis

Administrator

• Administrators
    • 274 posts
      • Time Online: 4d 6h 9m 10s
    Excellent
    • LocationCalifornia
    Contributor

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:44 AM

Moved to the right section.

Mako, on 26 July 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

I just want online play.

While native online support would be awesome, it's not something that could easily be pulled off. Without going into details, just think about how someone would set up a server and all the problems that would bring.

RMVX really killed the series for me, they should of continued on with what they did with RMXP but instead decided to downgrade and then play RMVX off like it was better when it the only thing that was better was support for RGSS2. I will say that RMVXA is a lot better than RMVX and if I ever get the time, it's the maker I'm going to use to make my game that I've started making so many times before...

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   OrionPrime

OrionPrime

• Members
    • 7 posts
      • Time Online: 7h 46m 48s
    Neutral

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

Being limited to one universal tileset.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users