RPG Crisis Community Forums: RPGCrisis Resurrection? - RPG Crisis Community Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RPGCrisis Resurrection?

#1   Elemental Crisis 

• Administrator
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:51 AM

Hello Everyone,

As you know, I've decided to close down RPGCrisis, I no longer have the time to properly run and maintain this place and I've been unable to find someone to take the helm. We've had a good run and I refuse to let the site degrade away anymore then it already has. Originally the site was going to close in a couple of weeks but I've been persuaded to keep it open till the end of December. I'm also surprised and humbled at the number of people asking me to keep this place up and those who've offered to help. Its nice knowing I've been able to create something people want to see stay around. Now, I have no problems keeping this place up and running so long as there's active leadership and progress made. That's always been my stance. I know our community doesn't really like Megaman, his personality is something that takes some time getting used too. But he's one of the few people who contribute and expand the maker world so give him the credit he deserves, even if he does act like an asshole all the time. :)

So I'm putting this out there, if you want to see this site stick around. I'm willing to listen to ideas and promote those who think they have what it takes to run this place. I don't have the time for this site anymore. Otherwise I'll be closing the site come the end of December. Contrary to our forum stats, RPG Crisis is an active site which receives around 10,000 unique hits a month. Not to shabby for a little Maker site.

I'm willing to keep the site going if others are. :)

#2   SamFisher202 

• Group: Members
    • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:14 AM

What would someone have to do to keep this place alive that would be satisfactory? Not entirely sure if I could be the best for keeping this place going, but I could certainly try to donate a portion of my time from other projects to help.

#3   Lyricalias 

• Advanced Member
    • Group: Global Moderators

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:35 AM

I apologize to all the regulars, and especially to EC (plus, dare I say, Megaman) for absolutely failing in my attempts to bring the site back to its former glory. (or, perhaps, my lack of attempts? I'll make it up to you guys some day...)

But I hope the site stays up. I'd love for someone (that's competent this time o.o) to take over. In any case, I'll be here supporting the site however I can.

#4   Dyhalto 

• Advanced Member

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:38 AM

If the site does disappear, do you have any intention of donating all your translated makers to another site?
      Plenty of people have scoffed their own copies for sure, but what about a new place to download originals?

#5   Rose Guardian 

• LocationMichigan USA

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:11 AM

Please do not close the site. What you could do is set up a donation thingy where members can contribute a certain amount of cash every month like creation asylum is doing to stay open if you cannot aford to keep the site up. That's just an idea though you don't have to do that if you don't want too. or if you do not think its a good idea but please stay open I love this site.

#6   RPG Hacker 

• Advanced Member
          • LocationKaperich, Germany

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:23 AM

I may not be very active here, but that's only because I'm not working with the RPG Maker right now. Which forums I go to depends mostly on what I'm currently interested in. Right now I'm interested in SMW Hacking mostly, therefore I'm mainly going to SMW Hacking forums and less to RPG Maker forums. This would change if I felt like making RPGs again of course. In other words: I'd be active here as soon as I'd work on an RPG again. I realize that this won't help much for the situation as it is right now, but just know that I'm still willing to visit this site whenever I'm working with the RPG Maker and that I'm supporting this site, even when I'm not active.

#7   Altes Eisen 

• LocationItaly

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:30 AM

RPG Hacker, on 21 November 2010 - 08:53 AM, said:

I may not be very active here, but that's only because I'm not working with the RPG Maker right now. Which forums I go to depends mostly on what I'm currently interested in. Right now I'm interested in SMW Hacking mostly, therefore I'm mainly going to SMW Hacking forums and less to RPG Maker forums. This would change if I felt like making RPGs again of course. In other words: I'd be active here as soon as I'd work on an RPG again. I realize that this won't help much for the situation as it is right now, but just know that I'm still willing to visit this site whenever I'm working with the RPG Maker and that I'm supporting this site, even when I'm not active.

I agree; and i aren't that much active from a LONG time as well.
            But i like to visit this place, just right now i lack the time to do anything Maker related...anyway the point is that it would be a waste to let the site AND/OR resources/translated makers disappear:P

#8   clone1018 

• Advanced Member
              • LocationTexas

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:37 AM

I would like to be in charge or on the team of people who rebuild the homepage. If this site is to succeed it can't be pure forums.

#9   Elemental Crisis 

• Administrator
              • LocationUSA

Posted Yesterday, 12:01 AM

Ideally, to keep this place up and running you would just need the time to spend working on RPG Crisis. I've outlined a few things below that would better help anyone in running this site.

Some knowledge about the various makers, enough to answer basic questions.
              Keeping the community informed of the latest maker news.
              Upload content.
              Contests

There was always a site planned, it just fell through, people not doing what they were supposed too. The project had problems from the start and by the end it was done for. I agree, a site is needed.

#10   clone1018 

• Advanced Member
                • LocationTexas

Posted Yesterday, 03:44 AM

I don't know if anyone here would want be being owner but I submit my name to the box.

#11   Mako Star 

• Advanced Member
                • Group: Staff
                • LocationChattanooga, Tennessee

Posted Yesterday, 11:21 AM

Fuck you clone. lol. JK

Hey everyone. It's Mako Star... AKA Kris Brock. That one guy. You know me.

I forgot my password LMAO...

I'm very sad to see this place may be going under...

Just when I was thinking about getting back into the scene, too...
                Guess I probably won't... I really never liked ANY maker site as much as I LOVED Crisis...

Met a ton of people on Crisis over the years...
                Had some flame wars... Cried a little... Devoured children's hearts...
                It's been fun...

So if nobody actually steps up to the plate...
                Where are we all going to go????

#12   Elemental Crisis 

• Administrator
                • LocationUSA

Posted Yesterday, 03:52 PM

The idea of a team is what I think we need, that way its not left to just one person to do everything and this way no one gets overloaded. At the moment I'm not talking about anything content related, I'm talking about a team to run this place with each person in charge of something else. A team is also something I would be able to be apart of as I wouldn't be forced to do everything.

I've gotten a few messages from some people on MSN and Clone seems willing to help. At this point, any senior members also willing to help out?

#13   megaman8x 

• Advanced Member

Posted Yesterday, 09:19 PM

Let him do it until other options come up, were not exactly in the best shape

#14   Mako Star 

• Advanced Member
                • Group: Staff
                • LocationChattanooga, Tennessee

Posted Today, 02:07 PM

I'd be willing to help...
                But, I need my account information...
                >.>"

#15   Lyricalias 

• Advanced Member
                • Group: Global Moderators

Posted Today, 04:24 PM

I'd be willing to help as well.

#16   clone1018 

• Advanced Member
                  • LocationTexas

Posted Today, 05:47 PM

I think we should get this started then. Its thanksgiving so I have tons of free time and would like to start the front page once I have EC's O.K.

#17   Dyhalto 

• Advanced Member

Posted Today, 07:05 PM

Good luck, gents. I mean it seriously.

#18   Elemental Crisis 

• Administrator
                    • LocationUSA

Posted Today, 07:25 PM

Anyone whose willing to help can do so, I'm sure I can find something for everyone to do. Its just a matter of getting in contact with me via IM, I'm going to be free until Sunday so try and get a hold of me when you can.

@Clone
                    Get on MSN so we can finish our discussion.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
                    • You cannot start a new topic
                    • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
                    0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Alexa