Welcome to the RPG Crisis Community Forums

Hello there traveler!

They call me Norman the Expressionless and I was instructed to seek you out, the wanderer. You must be something special for them to hire me and come find out. I wonder what makes you so special; perhaps you have some super power and are destined to save the universe! Just kidding, they told me to find you because you have nice hair and they want to harvest it to create the perfect hair.

So yeah, you should totally join this fine community they’ve established here. Heck, if you need even more reasons I suppose I can list off a few of the perks.
  • Gain complete access to our Download, Tutorial/Script and Resource Databases.
  • Be a part of an ever expanding community and create your own legacy!
  • Get support for a wide range of maker programs, were experts on them all.
  • Discover your true purpose in life, maybe even become one with the force.
  • Make new friends, allies and enemies.
  • Participate in thoughtful, intelligent conversations aimed at expanding your mind.
  • Request translations for foreign maker related sites, games, scripts and tutorials.
I could keep listing all the awesome benefits and perks but why not discover them for yourself?
Guest Message by DevFuse

"); //]]>
");

RPG Crisis Should Focus More on Unpopular Makers and Less on What Enterbrain Shits Out

8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mistereyedee

Mistereyedee

Newbie +1

• Members
  • 59 posts
    • Time Online: 19h 38m 31s
Neutral
    Contributor

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

This is an idea I had brought to Elemental Crisis' attention on more than one occasion:
    Instead of catering to the popular RPG Makers (when people will find better, more active places for them), this site should adjust its direction by giving the unpopular Makers (e.g. Shooter Maker 95, Network RPG Maker 2000, Sim RPG Maker 95, Fighter Maker 95, 3D RPG Maker) more light.

I personally do not agree with his decision to reserve extra room for the more popular RPG Makers (e.g. XP, VX, VX Ace) -- because as I have pointed out, people have found better places to discuss them. So therefore, why should we give light to these Makers (i.e. the popular ones)? Why not redefine our focus by sticking to the lesser-known brands? I think one of RPG Crisis' main charms was the fact that we had a variety of underground-status Makers for people to download (most of them having been translated by Megaman8x and Elemental Crisis). Many JOINED us because of them, so why not make adjustments? This is the ONLY niche that I am confident will lift this site from the gutter.

Agree or disagree? Personally, I am all for changing this site's direction. Where else can this site go but downhill? What's the point of keeping it up if you're not going to use it?

P.S. We also need more DISCUSSIONS on Makers and design theory.

Edited by Mistereyedee, 31 March 2013 - 03:37 AM.

FORCES OF STEEL: UNIVERSAL METAL FORUM
    Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Megaman

Megaman

New Kid On The Block

• Administrators
    • 60 posts
      • Time Online: 17h 51m 50s
    Neutral
      Contributor

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:29 AM

I saw a game posted on rpgmaker.net made in rm95, half of them didnt know it even existed....

one of the huge problems is lack of rescources...

rm2k has hackers, reverse engineerers, crackers,ect willing to make a dead horse even deader

this shit i release is just....well...me
      I am literally learning assembly just to crack protection which would have been done in a week if it was rpg maker.

so alone...

makes my balls itch..

#3 OFFLINE   Darmok0

Darmok0

• Members
      • 1 posts
        • Time Online: 5h 26m 46s
      Neutral

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

No doubt this site should stay focused on some (or if not) all of the older less heard of makers, yet give a small
        mention to the latest ones just to add a little variety.
        I personally was attracted to this site 2 yrs. ago due to  reason mentioned above and though
        i don't visit quite as often, i still check in to see what's been translated by Megaman8x and Elemental Crisis because
        they both seem to have the most interest in the older makers.
        Take what attracted members such as myself and just build on it.
        And as far as resources are concerned, it's nice to see some, but isn't the whole point of designing your own
        game learning how to create your own?
        There are many free tools on your site to do so,let the designers take it from there.
          -Ghostknight 4

Edited by Darmok0, 02 April 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   Koizumi

Koizumi

• Members
        • 6 posts
          • Time Online: 3h 38m 40s
        Neutral
        • LocationLondon

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

There's a lot of stuff out there, so I don't see why it can't just be about game design tools or Enterbrain tools in general, instead of focusing on one time period. I think it'll be a bit more interesting this way. There's still a lot of translation work to happen (sorry EC/mega, i kinda disappeared off the face of the earth) but I'm sure there'll be a plethora of content soon.
        Posted Image
        RPG Crisis resident music production and sound/game design idiot.

#5 OFFLINE   Megaman

Megaman

New Kid On The Block

• Administrators
        • 60 posts
        Neutral
          Contributor

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

Darmok0, on 02 April 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

No doubt this site should stay focused on some (or if not) all of the older less heard of makers, yet give a small
          mention to the latest ones just to add a little variety.
          I personally was attracted to this site 2 yrs. ago due to  reason mentioned above and though
          i don't visit quite as often, i still check in to see what's been translated by Megaman8x and Elemental Crisis because
          they both seem to have the most interest in the older makers.
          Take what attracted members such as myself and just build on it.
          And as far as resources are concerned, it's nice to see some, but isn't the whole point of designing your own
          game learning how to create your own?

There are many free tools on your site to do so,let the designers take it from there.
            -Ghostknight 4

I was refering to the lack of man power I have to work on stuff. I thought a miracle happened when ffta posted here but I havent heard from him in months

#6 OFFLINE   Mistereyedee

Mistereyedee

Newbie +1

• Members
          • 59 posts
          Neutral
            Contributor

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

Koizumi, on 06 April 2013 - 10:56 AM, said:

There's a lot of stuff out there, so I don't see why it can't just be about game design tools or Enterbrain tools in general, instead of focusing on one time period. I think it'll be a bit more interesting this way. There's still a lot of translation work to happen (sorry EC/mega, i kinda disappeared off the face of the earth) but I'm sure there'll be a plethora of content soon.
            Not a specific time period, man. I was referring to giving more light to the lesser-known Makers. The only way RPG Crisis can lift itself up and reclaim some activity would be by scraping coverage on the popular Makers; there are better sites out there for those.
            Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Megaman

Megaman

New Kid On The Block

• Administrators
            • 60 posts
            Neutral
              Contributor

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

It would help alot if people actually made games with the lesser known ones. thats one draw of why rpg maker is so popular, people make games with it and become interested

#8 OFFLINE   Elemental Crisis

Elemental Crisis

Administrator

• Administrators
              • 268 posts
                • Time Online: 4d 3h 36m 29s
              Good
              • LocationCalifornia
              Contributor

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

I'm not opposed to the idea, it's just something I think needs more refining. Megaman is right, we need more games created by the lesser known makers for this idea to work. I have tons of Japanese games that I plan to upload whenver I get a block of time but it's hard to support the older, lesser known makers when Mega and I are pretty much the only ones posting things about them.

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   Mistereyedee

Mistereyedee

Newbie +1

• Members
              • 59 posts
              Neutral
                Contributor

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:52 AM

Elemental Crisis, on 23 April 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

I'm not opposed to the idea, it's just something I think needs more refining. Megaman is right, we need more games created by the lesser known makers for this idea to work. I have tons of Japanese games that I plan to upload whenver I get a block of time but it's hard to support the older, lesser known makers when Mega and I are pretty much the only ones posting things about them.
                That's good. Sorry I misunderstood you. Anyway, yeah, I agree that we need more games made using lesser-known Makers; would help bring the site back to its former glory.

If we do go along with this idea, we should start the forums over with a clean slate and a better-looking layout. Not only is the lack of content here driving active members away (with what little we still have), but also the default IPB theme in place. I will mostly contribute by uploading resources and adding to a few discussions on game design theories; I don't have the time or patience to sit down and create games (unlike before).
                Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users