Welcome to the RPG Crisis RPG Maker Community Forums

Hello there traveler!

They call me Norman the Expressionless and I was instructed to seek you out, the wanderer. You must be something special for them to hire me and come find out. I wonder what makes you so special; perhaps you have some super power and are destined to save the universe! Just kidding, they told me to find you because you have nice hair and they want to harvest it to create the perfect hair.

So yeah, you should totally join this fine community they’ve established here. Heck, if you need even more reasons I suppose I can list off a few of the perks.
  • Gain complete access to our Download, Tutorial/Script and Resource Databases.
  • Be a part of an ever expanding community and create your own legacy!
  • Get support for a wide range of maker programs, were experts on them all.
  • Discover your true purpose in life, maybe even become one with the force.
  • Make new friends, allies and enemies.
  • Participate in thoughtful, intelligent conversations aimed at expanding your mind.
  • Request translations for foreign maker related sites, games, scripts and tutorials.
I could keep listing all the awesome benefits and perks but why not discover them for yourself?
Guest Message by DevFuse

"); //]]>
");

[RPG Maker 2000] Legend of the Demon War

2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rustus

Rustus

Newbie +1

• Members
  • 45 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 19h 34m 45s
Neutral
  • LocationTeh Nest in Kiddrona League Studios, OH

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

Game Name: Legend of the Demon War (Ok, so it needs some polishing)
Maker: RPG Maker 2000
Story/Concept:

In a plane of existance unknown to mortals, one young man will shape the destiny of somewhere he's never been. A place where peace reigned in, until a Dark Knight began a plot to bring back an ancient evil. Oh, Chosen One, bring forth your light

Additional Information:

Ok, so this is my first game. Literally, I started it in 2007, and I had very little in the way of skill at the time. Mapping is horrendous, no additional features, just a beginner's effort.

Progress: 85%

To Do:

-Replace all of the game's soundtrack. As awesome as having the final battle be Killswitch Engage's "This Fire Burns", WAV files are too blasted big.
-Debugging. a fair number of bugs to be worked out, some make the game really unfair.

Characters:

Spoiler

Features:

Stock 2000 everything. Oh, and if you beat the game, a battle arena with random "guests" is unlocked.

EDIT: Just remembered you need the RTP 1.32 Add-on to play as well.

Screenshots:

I'll add soon as I take them

Edited by Rustus, 26 October 2012 - 07:00 AM.

Entranced, we dance the dance
The stage is set
The crowd is on its knees.
-Shadow Gallery, "Hope For Us? (July)"

#2 OFFLINE   Rustus

Rustus

Newbie +1

• Members
  • 45 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

PROGRESS REPORT:

-I have removed all of the WAV files from the game (sans a few that were within size constraints) and am in the process of finding suitable replacement music.
-Almost all bugs fixed, including a phantom switch I had messed up with that had been a debugging nightmare for a long time.
-Fixed the Colosseum in the post-endgame. It now requires a special item to access (Granted after beating the final boss)
-Generated an ending movie.

CURRENT HINDERANCES:

-Lack of good MIDIs on my computer
-Unable to convert ending movie to a format RM2K can use (unlike opening movie)
-Lack of time able to fully commit to fixing this at present. Once the holidays pass I may be able to finish it easier, but until then it will be a miracle if it happens before then

Just thought I would update on this
The stage is set

#3 OFFLINE   Rustus

Rustus

Newbie +1

• Members
  • 45 posts
Neutral

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

PROGRESS REPORT #2

Yes its been 6 years 10 months and still its not finished. I have been in the process of moving and currently have no internet at my house to log on here (logged in at my mom's)

Anyway, current progress.

Current total progress: 95%

Alpha Release: Coming very, very soon.

-Soundtrack is complete. And totally epic, btw. Admittedly its mostly MIDIs of heavy/progressive metal songs and songs from games, both well known and not.
-More bugfixes complete. Fixed not one but TWO whoppers that would allow for infinite gold

NEW FEATURE!!!

-once the Endgame is finished, in one of the pubs will be a Music Stone. Using this will allow you to listen to any song in the game... for 50 Ryos a song. But by that point that price is pocket change.

Current Hinderances:

-A single bug that is eluding me presently, that results in a game lock up. I and my younger brother are both looking into a cause.
-No way for player to know what number is attached to what song without an included txt file, which I can do but it kinda looks bad... I'll get over it I guess
-Mapping is atrocious. May be moved to Known Issues in the future, if I continue being as lazy about it as I was when I started.

At my rate of work, unless I start remapping, I can probably have this done soon, provided I don't get distracted further.

Edited by Rustus, 14 September 2013 - 09:18 PM.

The stage is set

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users