Elemental Crisis
post May 27 2010, 04:12 AM
Post #1

Savior

Group: Owner
Points For Stuff: 1035
Member No.: 1

Hello Everyone,

I thought I share some much needed information about RPG Crisis Version 2 and hopefully in the process some of your questions get answered. There's been a lot of talk about RPG Crisis Version 2 and its progress. I'm hoping the following explains whats been going on. Like usual, if you have questions please post them and I'll do my best to answer them.

To start, lets go back to the event that almost caused RPG Crisis to close. I'm not going to explain every little detail nor should anyone else. The departure and what myself and others saw as a betrayal by Allen and NES Player caused some huge problems here. Members didn't know what was going on and were confused and quite a few left. I myself was still trying to understand what had just happened and seeing this place in disarray wasn't helping. To clarifiy, all past problems have been resovled and everyone is once again on friendly terms. I only mentioned said event as it was the driving factor in why I annouced version 2 when I did. At that time I didn't have the free time required to maintain RPG Crisis and was about to close the place for good when a few people stepped up and offered to help. However, everything was still in disarray and chaotic. As I mentioned previously in another topic, NES and I had begun drafting up designs for a new RPG Crisis and were in the very early stages of design when he originally left. I knew something needed to be done and said to show the members that we could move on and keep this place intact.

A couple days later I contacted Rory and sent him the rough draft of the main index so he could create the layout. A week or so after that I made the news topic about "The Future of RPG Crisis" explaining what was going to happen and what Rory had done so far. A lot of positive responses were generated from that topic and once again, the forums seemed like a nice place to hang out. I mentioned something very specific in that topic that I've pasted below.

I've always maintained a certain policy that unless there was actual work going on or a project was at a certain stage where I decided it was ready I've never talked about upcoming changes to RPG Crisis. Obviously this caused some problems and certain ways of thinking when it came to the site and I. However, I now see its not fair of me to keep things like this a secret until were days away from launching or even on the launch itself. You should know whats going on in the community you visit so it doesn't just all change the next time you happened to visit the site or forums.

I've always felt that unless you have something to show there's no need to talk or announce it. However with what had just happened and the current state of affairs on RPG Crisis I announced "RPG Crisis Version 2" and showed an extremely early work in progress. I was basically announcing a new version of the site even though I was still working on the rough draft plans. Had the previous events never happened I wouldn't have announced version 2 and more then likely it still wouldn't be announced even today.

Now, let me explain why, I announced something that was still in the planning stages. I didn't have a PHP coder lined up as my skills weren't at a level to do this and Rory was only able to do the main index meaning I needed someone with HTML/CSS knowledge to slice and create the different template parts. I had finished the rough draft plans about 2 weeks after that topic, I didn't have the money to pay someone so I accepted any coders offer to help as I desperately needed someone to do this. This got me burned twice and wasted about 2 months of my time. However, I still didn't have someone to do the HTML/CSS job. I did find a reliable coder (Goodlookinguy) but it was at the worst time for him as he went through some personal stuff and while he was out the project was put on hold.

Now this takes us to about Mid-January which was about 5 months after I had first announced version 2 and I had little to show for it. GLG started the coding and him and I made various changes to the layout plans, removing some initial features and putting them on a to-do list while adding others, which now placed us in Mid-February. I had found someone to do the HTML/CSS job thanks to a recommendation from a friend but after a couple of weeks it turned out his skills weren't at the needed level. Again the project was stalled for some time with GLG having a family issue to deal with and me looking for an HTML/CSS expert. It wasn't until about Mid-April that I was contacted by someone who offered to help. GLG and I had them complete a test before we accepted their help. After he passed we informed him of what needed to be done and a timetable was created. He contacted us and informed us that due to his job it would take longer then expected and we told him it was ok.

With that this brings us to now, now that everyone knows whats been going and the uphill struggle with getting this project off the ground. The day we actually, officially launch version 2 will be that much better.I'm hoping this clears up some confusion with whats been going on. What I'm asking form these 2 people is a lot so while I'd like to have Version 2 done ASAP I'm willing to give them the time it takes.

--------------------

RPG Crisis YouTube Channel!

Outdated Handy Links That Will One Day Be Updated:

Forum Rules
Tutorial/Script Template
Resource Database
Download Database
Tutorial Database

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Lyric Induced
post May 27 2010, 04:20 AM
Post #2

Crisis Addict

Group: Member
Points For Stuff: 1109
Member No.: 1,021

Glad to know things seem to be working out for V2. Hope it all works out, it would give the site a nice adrenaline boost.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elemental Crisis
post May 27 2010, 04:26 AM
Post #3

Savior

Group: Owner
Points For Stuff: 1035
Member No.: 1

Its a massive work in progress, simple as that. I wish I could show some of the current work but until we get the templates all you see is placeholders, awesome tables (Kidding) and words. However, I will be doing some stuff ahead of schedule like getting a new host.

EDIT:
Just to show you, here's one example of the awesome tables.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  AwesomeTables.png ( 19.43K ) Number of downloads: 21

--------------------

RPG Crisis YouTube Channel!

Outdated Handy Links That Will One Day Be Updated:

Forum Rules
Tutorial/Script Template
Resource Database
Download Database
Tutorial Database

+Quote Post
keitsukun
post May 27 2010, 12:38 PM
Post #4

The Dude with a gun.

Points For Stuff: 455
Member No.: 2,764

FINALY some good news! :3
altough you shouldnt try to handle all the hard work for yourself. : You got a full community which is willing to help you out, y'know! :D
( I think.. ;>A>)

--------------------
Main work:
Castlevania: The new Moon (Starter kit)

81%
What is done and what is left to do:

DONE:
-Richter Belmont as a playable character
-The heart currency system
-Timer
-Engine
-total of 9 ennemies in stock
-3 completed tile sets
-Sound effects
-all the Castlevania1 BGM collection
-3 different HUDs

LEFT TO DO:
-Vector Hector Belmont as a playable character (lol sry :P)
-3 more tilesets
-3 more ennemies
-a undecided Boss amount

Poject link: https://rpgcrisis.net/forums/index.php?show...amp;#entry27746

Up coming project: Metal Gear Solid: No mans land

+Quote Post
RATED-RKOFRANKLI...
post May 29 2010, 05:58 AM
Post #5

Crisis Devotee

Points For Stuff: 496
Member No.: 2,287

Thanks for the update. There are sites in which I can advertise for help even if it is asking for free help.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mad Klown
post May 29 2010, 12:06 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Points For Stuff: 67
Member No.: 5,880

I cleaned up my computer and need the layouts and base template already made (from the test site). As soon as I can get these again I can continue.

--------------------

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · News Center · Next Newest »

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Display Mode: Switch to: Standard · Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2010 - 11:33 PM
Privacy Policy