Midnight Assassi...
post Sep 7 2009, 11:00 PM
Post #1

I had the pear dream again

Group: Member
Points For Stuff: 1100
Member No.: 2,851

Okay, I'm pissed.

Recently, I've been demoted from staff because of my misconduct. Now, I never knew I was acting bad. All the reports of my assholism have been sent to EC. Not me, but EC. He's kept these reports from me for some reason, and I've never been informed. Now, how am I supposed to know that I've been wronging the forums if I'm never told?

For some reason, EC and the administration have been keeping things from me. I was demoted for not acting like a staff member should, but guess what? I wasn't given any guidelines. Instead, I've followed the examples of hundreds of mods from forums all across the internet. Who should I follow as an example? I've followed examples of hundreds of staff members, yet I get this - a demotion. If the staff gave me an example on how to act - even just a few bullet points, then I'd be in staff still. These mods obviously acted wrong, so why weren't they demoted, huh? Tell me that, staff

This has happened before. At RPGWeb, now dead, I was head admin. I was a Nazi at the time and alienated everyone, but no-one told me of my wrongdoings. After four members' departures, they all said it was because of me. Now, if they'd have taken the time to tell me to snap out of it, then maybe I'd still be an admin and maybe RPGweb would still be alive.

I feel like the administration here is hiding things from us on purpose, almost like conspracies.

So, what are your views? Do you think the administration should step up and snap out?

--------------------

A tech blog. About tech stuff. Site not up yet.

A new game maker on the horizon. Really worth checking out.

Last signature update: 10:36, Saturday, April 17, 2010.
All times are Australian Eastern Standard Time
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 17)
clone1018
post Sep 7 2009, 11:06 PM
Post #2

Official Member No.: 2,125

Points For Stuff: 600
Member No.: 2,125

No. I actually love RPG Crisis's staff but I think quite the opposite. They are very lineant ( I dont care how to spell it ) It took me alot of fuck ups to get one warn. I think you or anyone for that matter should realise that they are doing something wrong. Whether it be keeping a secret from the head admin about rebelling members or flaming people or anything for that matter. Why does being staff matter so much anyways? You really don't get that many powers. Sure you get to view a secret hidden awesome forum but hey if your a hacker have a go!

--------------------
clone's Questions

Q. Lyric Induced... Why is your desktop so messy?
A. ;___; You don't understand, my desktop gets lonely

----

Best.Post.Ever

+Quote Post
Arsius
post Sep 7 2009, 11:06 PM
Post #3

Points For Stuff: 24
Member No.: 3

Ok time to explain to you why you shouldn't follow the examples of mods from across the internet.

MODS ARE ASSHOLES!

thats why no one likes moderators. cause most moderators on the internet are complete assholes. case in point, animeleague. Freesaiyan is a complete and total nazi asshole. post 1 thing bad about his site and your gone. srsly. Anyways, don't follow the examples of other moderators it will only burn you in the end.

--------------------

.:Team Dimensia Projects:.

Team Dimensia Formation........2% complete
Untitled Vx Project...................0% complete

.:Studio Byte Media Projects:.
Requiem of Souls....................10% complete
Advanced Event Tutorial...........5% complete

+Quote Post
ShaydeZehetbauer
post Sep 7 2009, 11:12 PM
Post #4

Resident Otaku

Points For Stuff: 229
Member No.: 17

Suck it down man, jesus christ.

Don't be a fucking kid about it, if you got demoted then tough tits, you got demoted and your a normal member, you can always move to another site if you don't like the way the owners and higher-ups like to work.

You should feel lucky you even got a little bit of power to be honest, sites don't just hand them out like a hooker offers blowjobs.

It's EC's rules at the end of the day, and I sure as hell didn't rage when I got demoted, but that's for totally different reasons, and I'm still waiting on my position back.

Jeez man, this site is fucking annoying me lately, nothing but bullshit internet drama...

--------------------

insert a smart and witty comment to do with hentai here.

+Quote Post
Lyric Induced
post Sep 7 2009, 11:20 PM
Post #5

Crisis Addict

Points For Stuff: 1109
Member No.: 1,021

Just saying, being staff, you can't go around flaming people's asses left and right and expect to stay staff.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Midnight Assassi...
post Sep 7 2009, 11:38 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (DrDonut @ Sep 8 2009, 05:06 PM) *
Why does being staff matter so much anyways?

Helping an small site grow is a big thing for me. I love to help.

You really don't get that many powers. Sure you get to view a secret hidden awesome forum...

Powers don't matter. Sure, a GMod position would've been sweet, but I felt like helping out with downloads, tutorials, scripts and anything VX related - that was my duty as staff (or at least Ndrd told me)

...but hey if your a hacker have a go!

Let me stop you right there. If I hack the ACP, then I'd get banned like at RRR. Sure, hacking IPB 2.3.6's ACP is a cinch, but I'd just get demoted afterwards...

Then banned.

QUOTE (Lyric Induced @ Sep 8 2009, 05:20 PM) *
Just saying, being staff, you can't go around flaming people's asses left and right and expect to stay staff.

I never flamed to stay staff, I merely followed a horrible example of a mod that Arsius depicted to be a scat-sucking bottom feeder.

QUOTE (Arsius @ Sep 8 2009, 05:06 PM) *
Ok time to explain to you why you shouldn't follow the examples of mods from across the internet.

MODS ARE ASSHOLES!

thats why no one likes moderators. cause most moderators on the internet are complete assholes. case in point, animeleague. Freesaiyan is a complete and total nazi asshole. post 1 thing bad about his site and your gone. srsly. Anyways, don't follow the examples of other moderators it will only burn you in the end.

And did anyone ever tell me this? Did I ever know this? Is this some must-follow rule of the internet? I never knew, therefore acted like a generic mod - an asshole.

QUOTE (ShaydeZehetbauer @ Sep 8 2009, 05:12 PM) *
Don't be a fucking kid about it, if you got demoted then tough tits, you got demoted and your a normal member, you can always move to another site if you don't like the way the owners and higher-ups like to work.

No thanks, I like RPG Crisis. Just take away the conspiracies and add a little bit of staff-member trust and BAM, you have a good community

You should feel lucky you even got a little bit of power to be honest, sites don't just hand them out like a hooker offers blowjobs.

I do feel lucky that I had power. And I know power is a rare thing.

It's EC's rules at the end of the day, and I sure as hell didn't rage when I got demoted, but that's for totally different reasons...

I raged. I raged like hell. Being staff was a big thing. It was also confusing, as a lack of organisation between Ndrd and EC led to my demotion.

...and I'm still waiting on my position back.

No trust here. And when did he say you'd get your position back?

Jeez man, this site is fucking annoying me lately, nothing but bullshit internet drama...

No comment, but I do agree.

--------------------

+Quote Post
clone1018
post Sep 7 2009, 11:43 PM
Post #7

I wasn't talking about you when I said the hacker part. I was talking about people in general. ummmm I hate typing :/. But I still think common sense should intervene when you did what ever it was you did. And BTW there are guidelines.
Click Spoiler to see them
When posting a new topic or replying to a topic, please keep in mind what you are posting, and take note of the following rules:

- Derogatory remarks/Flaming/Trolling results in a warn level increase depending on the severity of the post in question.

- Spamming/Brief Posting/Necroposting/Bumping results in a 10% warn level increase per SPAM post. 3 or more SPAM posts made within a week will lead to a post validation.
NOTE: Registering an account on RPG Crisis/AGM Portal for the sole intent of advertising is considered spamming.

Bypassing Posting Requirements to access additional services (including our downloads catalog) results in a PERMANENT BAN. No exceptions at all!

Negative Comments/Remarks against the following: sex, race, religion, sexual orientation and ethnic group results in a permanent ban. No exceptions!

Links that contain illegal material will be removed. Increase warn level and post validation enabled. This applies to both direct or indirect links.

Images/Videos/Links that contain adult content are not allowed on RPG Crisis/AGM Portal and will be removed. Increase warn level and post validation enabled. This applies to both direct or indirect links.

Additional Info.
Warnings: Each warning given or removed will change by 10%. If you've been warned, your warn level will go down 10% each month.

Post Validation: If you are on post validation, then your posts will not be published on the forums unless a moderator approves it. Post moderation will be lifted according to a PM sent to you when issued a disciplinary action.

Unfair Disciplinary Actions: If issued a disciplinary action but you feel that it was either not warranted or unfair, then please contact Elemental Crisis via the Personal Message (PM) system, explaining the punishment and why you believe it was unjust. He will review the problem and determine if the disciplinary action taken was indeed unjust or fair. His decision is final. If you attempt to argue about it, additional disciplinary actions will be taken.

Avatars: Each member may either select an avatar from the list or upload their own in our server. Additionally, you may link to it if it's hosted on a external server. Avatars may not exceed 140 pixels x 140 pixels, anything beyond will be resized automatically.

Signatures: Each member is allowed to have as many images as desired their signature provided the signature doesn't exceed 200 pixels in length. Images may NOT exceed 550 pixels x 200 pixels in size. At the time, we do not offer signature hosting, so you will need to find an external host.

Advertising: You may advertise your site in our advertising section under General Discussion. You may also place a link to your site in your profile and signature. (See Spamming/Brief Posting/Necroposting/Bumping)

Downloads Catalog: You may access and download files off our catalog provided you have at least 3 posts and download credits to download our files. (See Bypassing Posting Requirements)

--------------------
clone's Questions

----

Best.Post.Ever

+Quote Post
Midnight Assassi...
post Sep 7 2009, 11:47 PM
Post #8

And your point is...? I didn't see "speaking your mind..." in that there list.

--------------------

+Quote Post
clone1018
post Sep 7 2009, 11:49 PM
Post #9

Yes you do of course have freedom of speech but only within the guidelines. Like the following
- Derogatory remarks/Flaming/Trolling results in a warn level increase depending on the severity of the post in question.
If you were a member you would get a warn. But as a member of higher rank its a 1 shot chance.

--------------------
clone's Questions

----

Best.Post.Ever

+Quote Post
Midnight Assassi...
post Sep 7 2009, 11:50 PM
Post #10

Go on, warn me. It doesn't matter, If I get warned for speaking my mind, then it just goes to show that there is something that you don't want the community to see.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ShaydeZehetbauer
post Sep 7 2009, 11:50 PM
Post #11

Resident Otaku

EC will bump me back up when he feels that he needs my help.

--------------------

+Quote Post
clone1018
post Sep 7 2009, 11:57 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (Midnight Assassin @ Sep 8 2009, 01:50 AM) *
Go on, warn me. It'll make you feel like a big man, won't it EC? It doesn't matter, If I get warned for speaking my mind, then it just goes to show that there is something that you don't want the community to see.

Midnight. You know how you want people to warn/tell you are doing something wrong? This is one of those times. Just take it like a man and continue to help this community even if your not staff. One day you will be more mature (not that your not mature now) and maybe then or sooner or later or never.... going off point.... One day you may or may not become staff plus . Its life. Deal with it.

--------------------
clone's Questions

----

Best.Post.Ever

+Quote Post
Arsius
post Sep 8 2009, 12:00 AM
Post #13

Points For Stuff: 24
Member No.: 3

this is insane. I don't remember making this big of a fuss when I lost my admin position. well...I wasn't around to make a fuss so... anyways I digress.

Stop crying about it. you were a moderator. a position of Authority. its like if I walked into a business and the assistant manager told me that If I didn't stop talking to my friend about my political beliefs then he would kick me out of the store. You have to have self control in what you say and do as a moderator. Why? cause your actions reflect the entire damn website. everything you do reflects on the site because you are in a position of Authority. People look to you for an example.

All this crying about losing your position is just sad. so what if your not staff. Can't you still help people with tutorials / vx / graphics / whatever without having your name a nifty color? your moderatorship was a trial thing anyways so let it go. You can still help people without your position. Of course, if you really only care about your staff position as your whining would suggest, then you have a massive case of Unwarranted self importance and should just /quit the internet completely.

god this is annoying.

--------------------

.:Team Dimensia Projects:.

Team Dimensia Formation........2% complete
Untitled Vx Project...................0% complete

.:Studio Byte Media Projects:.
Requiem of Souls....................10% complete
Advanced Event Tutorial...........5% complete

+Quote Post
Midnight Assassi...
post Sep 8 2009, 12:02 AM
Post #14

Then leave the thread. You know you can just ignore me and steer away from my posts.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ShaydeZehetbauer
Post #15

Resident Otaku

Welcome to RPG Crisis!

Today's Dramas: Over 9000.

*sigh*

Honestly, just forget about it, and fix your PM man, it's the biggest case of attention seeking I've seen in a long while.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lyric Induced
Post #16

Crisis Addict

Points For Stuff: 1109
Member No.: 1,021

You shouldn't have to be told not to act like a jerk... >.>

--------------------

+Quote Post
valkill100
post Sep 8 2009, 12:09 AM
Post #17

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Points For Stuff: 592
Member No.: 1,494

Live and learn. Remember your mistakes and move on, there's no point in making a topic about this, it won't change anything. This topic will only prove that you weren't right for the position to begin with, just let it be.

--------------------
My first game in the making, Quest for the StarFire

Games I support:

+Quote Post
Elemental Crisis
post Sep 8 2009, 12:25 AM
Post #18

Savior

Group: Owner
Points For Stuff: 1035
Member No.: 1

Hello Everyone,

EC AKA Evil Conspirator here, just thought I would throw in my 2 cents since you know I'm the cause of all of this.

First off, Midnight Assassin, when promoted to staff was informed he would be put on a trial. During the 2 or so weeks he was staff we watched and made notes on how he acted since being promoted. A couple days ago Ndrd and I decided it just wasn't working out and we were going to make MA an regular member again. I was in the process of telling him when he had to go and was offline (At least to me) until just a couple hours ago. At that point I informed MA that we weren't going to keep him on as Staff and told him why and provided a list of reasons. MA wouldn't accept this and essentially exploded on me. He believes he wasn't treated fairly because we never once told him about any of the things he was doing wrong or the complaints we received about him. However the concept he keep failing to grasp was that he was on TRIAL. We wanted to see how he would act as a staff member and after watching him we weren't sure it was a good match so we decided to not make him staff.

You keep saying you were never shown or told any guidelines about how to act. It's common sense that you should treat others how you want to be treated. I shouldn't have to create a guidelines on how to act, I'm not your teacher or your parent.

The point of a trial is so you can watch how someone acts in their own natural way without outside influence. If you were attempting to get a job and they put you on a trial period do you think their going to tell you about a complaint they received or about your attitude? No, after your trial period their just going to let you go.

Its over MA, this thread is pointless and annoying. The immaturity your showing by whining that it wasn't fair and we didn't get you a chance shows me we made the right decision. You need to accept our decision and no amount begging is going to change it.

--------------------

RPG Crisis YouTube Channel!

Outdated Handy Links That Will One Day Be Updated:

Forum Rules
Tutorial/Script Template
Resource Database
Download Database
Tutorial Database

+Quote Post
« Next Oldest · Everything Else · Next Newest »

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Display Mode: Switch to: Standard · Linear+ · Switch to: Outline

Track this topic · Email this topic · Print this topic · Subscribe to this forum

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2010 - 06:11 AM
Privacy Policy