Welcome to the RPG Crisis Community Forums

Hello there traveler!

They call me Norman the Expressionless and I was instructed to seek you out, the wanderer. You must be something special for them to hire me and come find out. I wonder what makes you so special; perhaps you have some super power and are destined to save the universe! Just kidding, they told me to find you because you have nice hair and they want to harvest it to create the perfect hair.

So yeah, you should totally join this fine community they’ve established here. Heck, if you need even more reasons I suppose I can list off a few of the perks.
  • Gain complete access to our Download, Tutorial/Script and Resource Databases.
  • Be a part of an ever expanding community and create your own legacy!
  • Get support for a wide range of maker programs, were experts on them all.
  • Discover your true purpose in life, maybe even become one with the force.
  • Make new friends, allies and enemies.
  • Participate in thoughtful, intelligent conversations aimed at expanding your mind.
  • Request translations for foreign maker related sites, games, scripts and tutorials.
I could keep listing all the awesome benefits and perks but why not discover them for yourself?
Guest Message by DevFuse

"); //]]>
");

The one hit wonder

3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rone Rivendale

Rone Rivendale

• Members
  • 1 posts
    • Time Online: 10m 25s
Neutral
  • LocationKansas, USA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hey, I wasn't very active here the 1st time around, but I figured why not.

I've been active in thet RPGMaker community on and off since RPGMaker 95 was first translated. I've started nearly 20 projects on 95, 2k, 2k3, XP, VX, and SimRPG95 over the last decade or so but only ever finished one game. That was Dungeon Dwellers in 2004 for RM2k3.

I spend most of my time now on blogtv while playing various games on emulators. I got back into SimRPGMaker95 recently but I've slipped right back out of it due to the limitations. I'd really love to do something with that other tactical rpg editor program but as far as I've seen it doesn't work with Vista so bascially I am just here now to post in the forums on a semi random basis.
^i^ For those with wings, fly to your dreams.^i^

#2 ONLINE   Mistereyedee

Mistereyedee

• Members
  • 10 posts
    • Time Online: 5h 15m 40s
Neutral
    Contributor

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

In that case, here's to hoping you stay around more often. Sim RPG Maker 95 was a pretty good tactical RPG creator; I had a project a few years back, but unfortunately lost interest after doing the first 2 or 3 battle scenes. I am not really that great when it comes to storyline, but I love working around maps and strategies.

#3 OFFLINE   Elemental Crisis

Elemental Crisis

Administrator

• Administrators
    • 71 posts
      • Time Online: 1d 19h 50m 21s
    Neutral
    • LocationCalifornia
    Contributor

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:40 AM

Welcome back!

Unfortunately, compared to today's standards and newer maker programs like RPG Maker XP and above, SRPG95 shows its age. Though, for a maker that's 14 years old, your still able to pull off some pretty impressive games. I've got a few Japanese ones that I think are pretty good that I'd like to translate for the English community, hopefully it's something I can get done this summer.

In regards to Tactical RPG Editor, Megaman has found a way to get it to work on Vista and newer OS, hopefully he releases an updated version soon.
    Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   Xeigrich

Xeigrich

• Members
    • 9 posts
      • Time Online: 2h 1m 47s
    Neutral
    • LocationDallas, Texas, USA

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:00 PM

I'm in pretty much the same boat, though I was introduced to RM2k and SRPG95 around the same time like 12 years ago. Dozens of half-baked projects, and only one finished one - "finished" in the sense that you can play it from start to end, but no guarantees that it will always work or that it's even an enjoyable experiece, heh. RM2k was a dream come true for me and I dabbled in every version as they came out, but RPG Maker VX Ace has reinvigorated my enthusiasm and interest. If I ever get off my ass and pick back up on real programming, one of the things I'd like to do is make a simple freeware turn-based strategy game engine, but that's still a long ways off in terms of my programming abilities.

Back to Welcomes/Farewells · Next Unread Topic →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users