Enterbrain Announces 2 New RPG Maker Titles! (View original topic)

Elemental Crisis

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:50 PM

Enterbrain has just announced 2 new titles in its RPG Maker series, RPG Maker DS Plus and RPG Maker VX Ace! Currently only the details page for RPG Maker DS Plus is up with a coming soon sign for RPG Maker VX Ace. Were currently in the process of translating the announcment page as well as the details page for RPG Maker DS Plus. We will be updating this thread with our translation once its completed. In the meantime use that super accurate Google Translate to take a look at the RMDS+ page. What do you guys/girls think about it so far and what new features will RMVXA include?

Oh and before its asked, of course we'll be translating the RPG Maker VX Ace demo (If released) and full version (If no English version).

Stay tuned!

EDIT:

10/1/2011

I've joined forces the fine folk at http://RPGMakerVXAce.com and will be translating any relevant information with them. All my translation work will be posted there but I'll of course keep everyone updated on progress and new news. Check them out for current RMVXA information, of course feel free to use this topic to continue discussing RMVXA and ask any questions you have.

All RPG Maker DS+ will be posted there as well.

thehunter08

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

Elemental Crisis, on 28 September 2011 - 06:50 PM, said:

Enterbrain has just announced 2 new titles in its RPG Maker series, RPG Maker DS Plus and RPG Maker VX Ace! Currently only the details page for RPG Maker DS Plus is up with a coming soon sign for RPG Maker VX Ace. Were currently in the process of translating the announcment page as well as the details page for RPG Maker DS Plus. We will be updating this thread with our translation once its completed. In the meantime use that super accurate Google Translate to take a look at the RMDS+ page. What do you guys/girls think about it so far and what new features will RMVXA include?

Oh and before its asked, of course we'll be translating the RPG Maker VX Ace demo (If released) and full version (If no English version).

Stay tuned!

Now this sounds interesting. Enterbrain's been leaving us in the dark, maybe this upgrade will involve either give you the ability to use movie files or giving you the ability to sell your final game. This might be intriguing.

cheyenne

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:27 AM

RPG Maker VX Ace...
Maybe there won't be an RPG Maker, but a Gundam instead.

Esrever

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:16 AM

Source: http://ebten.jp/eb-s.../4582350663051/

Posted Image

Based on its predecessor "RPG Maker VX", the event command system and various other areas have been strengthened.

Create your own character graphics by simply using a combination of the supplied original parts. This is one way that game production functions have been revamped substantially.

As the latest installment of the RPG Maker series for Windows, this software becomes the trump card (ace) of RPG production.

• Feature 1: New functionality to create your original characters, and migration to RGSS3 for scripting!

Even if you are unable to draw up graphics, an original character can be made from the combination of parts with the built in "Character Maker" and "Face Graphic Maker". One of many new features to assist with RPG production! In addition, for those with knowledge in extensibility (Script Editing) we've made things much easier with the introduction of "RGSS3".
Posted Image

• Feature 2: Additional Enhancements to Basic Functions

Event commands have been strengthened and additional optional settings have been given. For example, there is a newly added function for specialties called "Feature" in which things like "Provoke" and "Protect" which have become standards in many famous RPGs can be added with ease.
Posted Image

• Feature 3: Making Combat More Interesting with a "Finisher System"

A third gauge called the "TP Gauge" has been implemented following the well-known HP and MP gauges. TP can be accumulated in the course of battle and can be released for use of a finisher! Customizing how TP and the rest of the system works is entirely possible.
Posted Image

*The game screen is under development
and does not depict the final product.

>

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz or Equivalent
Memory: 512MB or More
HDD: 400MB Free Space or More
Display: Resolution of 1024x768 or More
Other: Compatabile with both 32 and 64 bit OS

© 2011 ENTERBRAIN, INC. / YOJI OJIMA

Note from Esrever: I'd like to point out that the mentioned function [Feature] may end up being called something else. It is a Japanese word with a few different meanings. The romaji for it is tokuchou. I really couldn't decide what it could be best translated to without knowing a bit more about it. The context really doesn't give too much away. In any case, I will be doing an English translation of the program when it arrives (likely the Japanese trial first), as well as more information as it becomes available and brought to my attention. If anyone has any information that they think I might be interested in, please be kind enough to send it my way through PM or other means. If I have time, and I think the community would like an English version of said material, I'll do my best to see it happen. Thanks!

Esrever

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:46 AM

I did a quick translation from Enterbrain's store. It gives some information on RPG Maker VX Ace. It's still not a lot, but it is worth a read I think if your interested in the next product in the PC Maker series.

https://rpgcrisis.net...ace-first-look/

Esrever

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:44 AM

Update - WIP Translation of the Character and Face Maker from the extremely small thumbnail that Enterbrain has provided.
Posted Image

thehunter08

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:46 PM

It does look interesting. My only problem, even though it's still under development, is that the battle scene looks like RMVX or RM2K, where you don't see the characters in either sprite or full body form, just the monster that you're fighting.

I would like to see the battle system like this from RMXP:
Posted Image

Or, without using the RGSS Scripting system, see a battle system like this from RM2K3:
Posted Image

Or even better, giving you the choice on RM2K, RM2K3, or RMXP battle systems.

crusader

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:46 PM

I would like it to keep all of the features current to Rpg Maker VX. What I would like to see new would be support for both Rgss1 and 2/ Unlimited tiles, multiple layers, and tons of new monster ART! SO far it looks good though!

Moran Primus

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:14 PM

I'll wait and see if this has more than two layers for mapping on top of being able to swap tilesets without having to use an outside workaround, but thus far I like what I see.

SidiousRed

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:21 AM

hope it has the XNA-export feature from IGMaker... unlikey lol

Rose Guardian

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:32 PM

I can't wait to see more of this RPG Maker.

Elemental Crisis

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:53 AM

I merged the thread Esrever created with the news topic. I also updated my original posts with links to translated information.

Zaeran

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:43 AM

I think the character generator and face generator is interesting. I am excited to see any changes to event scripting. I s there any word on increased flexibility in in the chipsets for VX ?

Koizumi

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

Well, I turn my head for one minute and suddenly an explosion in the RPG Maker world. I hope this will bring some more activity to RPG Crisis, thus encouraging my final return. (As well as everyone elses.)

Also, RGSS3? Interesting...

Mako Star

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:45 AM

Finally some decent Enterbrain character customization.
That's one thing the series really is missing.
Frankenstein sprites look silly, imo. Looking forward to hearing more about this!

And welcome Esguerra!

saulgammawips

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:19 AM

I agree with told all above. Let's discuss this question.
Very good question!
Be a Men!
Posted Image